November 25, 2013

What a Birthday!!

This was such an amazing Birthday this year!!  Not only did my hubby make sure to spoil me rotten, but I received so much love from so many family and friends.  I woke up to a Cinnabon cinnamon roll (my favorite breakfast) and all kinds of cards and gifts. Preston got me 2 cookbooks that I was wanting so badly, and I think he will enjoy them as much as I will.  While we were flipping through them he'd say "ooooh we have to make this" and "oooo look at this one" haha.  I look forward to the awesome meals to come :)
I also got an amazing watch I had been wanting for years that I never thought I would own, thanks to my family! Scott and Sandy got us a new couch slip cover which was needed so badly!!  The Clark siblings spoiled me with a gift card to get a pedicure - which I am so excited about and my swollen feet are even more thrilled ;)

After our delicious breakfast, we of course had to play a quick game of  Dr. Mario before we could get ready and head out.  I won of course, but I am still not sure if it was because Pres let me or I actually finally defeated him.  I got an awesome Happy Birthday song solo from Mom Clark :) and it was great to talk to her and Dad Clark on their way to the temple.

Then we got ready to go and see the new Hunger Games which ended up being sold out so we got tickets for the next available time and headed to the mall to walk around.  I more waddle these days.  We ended up at Cheesecake Factory so I could take in my favorite meal and it was so tasty!  We of course ordered cheesecake to go ;) and we were off to the movie.  We both really enjoyed the movie and felt like they did a great job following the book with the time allotted for a film.

A german chocolate cheesecake...delicious!
When we got out of the movie I noticed 3 missed calls with voice mails and I had so many texts.  I had 3 Happy Birthday songs waiting for me :) Of course, the Calderwood rendition is always one of my favorites (let's just say they are no Von Trapp family haha) and one from the Koudelka's sounding like angels and Mom's solo spot :)  It always makes me smile.

We headed up to the Pearl Brewery where the Culinary Institute of America is, as well as several restaurants, walking paths, and waterfalls.  We walked around there until it started to rain and headed home to enjoy our cheesecake!
Preston hiding from me while I was taking pictures :)
At the Pearl Brewery
So thrilled I made him pose for this...haha

Let's just say at the end of the day I was exhausted but it was such a great day!  Thank you to everyone who made this day so much more special than I ever expected.

It was also Movember so Preston and some of his classmates had these amazing mustaches going.  He was so proud so I had to post some pics. 

Yep...he is trying to seduce you all.









Finally!  Fall arrived...even though everyone here calls it Winter.  They have no idea what winter really is :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. Preston. And that mustache. Please make it STOP!

    Happy Birthday Lovely Lady! I hope you enjoy your pedicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les, this is so cute! :) I'm glad you had such a good birthday! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete