September 27, 2026

March - Beckham Gets Glasses, Flag Football, & the ArkanClark's come to CA

Back to the business of life once March hit. I feel like every year, February gives our family a little reprieve. January used to be that for us too, but these past few years have proven to be different. I love having a month that feels like a breath of fresh air before heading into our busier part of the year.

Once March hits, we are only months away from summer break. March, April, and May tend to be full of school events, vacations, visits, holidays, and everything else that comes with this season of life. So here we go!

                                                          

Beckham boy gets glasses! He had been having a hard time reading the board at school, so he asked if we could get his eyes checked. Sure enough, we went in and found out he needed a slight prescription. How cute are those frames?! I think he looks pretty dang handsome in glasses. :)


Cracker Barrel for the win! 

I love when we get a night out to spend some time as a family to enjoy a meal where everyone gets an option. :)

              

Beckham just shines on the football field. He seriously has such a passion for it all. He loves his coach this season too. Coach Develle has had such an impact on his football season this year. He cheers the kids on like no other Coach I have seen. He has such enthusiasm for the boys and for the game. Beckham loves nothing more than being wide receiver and catching those passes. 

              

Game TIME!  Go Beckham!!



Someone's glasses came in! :) How darling is he?!



I cannot tell you how funny this kid is. He loves making people laugh. I caught this moment as he was coming around to sit in his seat at the table, haha. 



This little Grandma's name is Kathy. She has been such a great friend and I have really enjoyed getting to know her. Kathy is now moving to Washington, so we had one last lunch together before she took off. At 82 she is looking pretty good. She's also one of the spunkiest, no filter, kind of person I have ever met. 



I took football photos for Beckham's team this year. It was so fun capturing each of the kids photos. Loved this one of our Beckham boy. We'll save this one for when he's on ESPN in 10 years. :)


GO Beckham GO!!



Touchdown for Beckham James!!

Beckham killing it in the final game of the year! His team made it to the Superbowl and ...



WON!! 

Beckham with Coach Develle  on the left and of course showing off his ring on the right.



One of the football Mom's made these cookies for each of the boys for their final game. How cool are these?!! 



We got a couch for the loft!! 



Jack takes off for Summer Camp at Sly Park! 

He was so excited for his week trip up to Sly Park with the sixth grade crew and teachers. He couldn't wait to explore, hang with friends, and learn all the things science while sleeping in a cabin in the woods. He was missed at home, but we all knew he would have an absolute blast!



While Jack was off to Sly Park, I headed on a field trip with Beckham to the Museum of Science & Curiosity. I got to hang with a group of 10 fifth graders while we went all over the museum exploring and learning loads. 



We stopped at the lab to learn how batteries work. It was so cool. The kids were given a tray of materials, which included batteries, and they had to get a fan to work. They were supposed to work with a partner and were given 10 minutes to try and figure it out.



ArkanClarks visit California!!



We had been counting down the days for Shelby, Grace, Ella, and Audrey to come our way! We of course made one of our first adventures the Sacramento Zoo. They had a dinosaur exhibit and little Miss Audrey was about to lose her mind, haha. She LOVES dinosaurs! We couldn't keep up with her as she went from one dinosaur to the next. We all had a blast, but I think it's safe to say that it was Audrey's favorite part of the trip. 



Look at all of those cute cousins!




After the zoo we asked everyone where they would like to go for dinner...Cheesecake Factory won!



These two were two peas in a pod. 



Hot Tub?? Why of course :)



Doing cart wheels, summersaults, and all things gymnastics in the yard. 



I think the only request we got from Shelb about this trip was..."Can we go camping?" Ummm...YES! I love this pic of Audrey helping Uncle Pres set up the tent. We chose to take them to a campground near by called Beals Point. 



The boys and Audrey decided it was time for UNO while we prepped for dinner. Love this.



Enjoying hot dogs over the fire. Shelb and the girls were a natural.




This girl loved climbing all of the boulders, but especially this one!




S'mores for the win!



I caught Ella and Audrey in a snuggle. :)

One other thing that we wanted to make sure to capture while the Clark girls were here were family photos. I loved this session so much! Capturing these cuties all together was a highlight for me!






On the day they left we snapped one more cousin photo. We are going to miss these cute girls so much! Can't wait to have them back again!!



Quinn graduates from Basic 1 gymnastics with Coach Jessica. Here we come Basic 2!



A fresh cut and color for me! 

March was such a fun month! We had the best time with our ArkanClark crew, Jack absolutely LOVED Sly Park, Beckham killed it in football, and Quinn moved up in gymnastics. It felt like everyone was reaching fun new milestones in their own way. It was definitely a busy month, but also one filled with so many good memories that we won't forget anytime soon. March, you were good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment