February 20, 2021

A Recharging January

 January is a chance for each of us to hit a reset button. It allows us to ready ourselves for the year to come. Many people sit and make goals they would like to achieve before the end of the year. The Clark family takes a break from all things in January. Our Decembers are always busy and a little chaotic with so many celebrations that we look forward to a lazier January. We tend to stick closer to home and enjoy one another's company. We get back into school and our every day routines. This year I was blessed to head to Utah for a very special day. Erin and Craig were sealed in the Payson Utah temple. When I found a cheap ticket for the weekend I jumped on it. I was so thrilled to be a part of their special day. In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we believe that being sealed in one of the Lord's temples you will be bound through the eternities. It doesn't stop at death do us part but the family continues through the eternities being linked through husband and wife. Here's a little peak at a special day that I was blessed to document. 


Payson Utah Temple


Before Er and Craig arrived, I used these two love birds to check out some spots to take pics. I am so grateful I did because I loved this shot. 


One happy little family.


How cute is this little guy?! We love you Cameron Craig!


Everyone that was able to attend and be apart of this beautiful celebration! 


The Marx Crew

I loved having that time to spend with family and be a part of the Marx Family's special day. It was a super fast trip. I was literally in on Friday and then flew out on Sunday. However, that didn't stop me from grabbing some Shake Shack from the newly renovated SLC airport. I made sure to get there a little early so I could indulge in some of this greatness :) 


Shake Shack anyone? Yes please!


Part of the elite club ;)

I was blessed to have the opportunity to get vaccinated in mid January. I have received my first shot and felt great. No side effects other than a little sore from the entry of the needle poke. Praying all goes well with dose number two. Preston received both of his doses in November and December last year. Grateful I could get mine too. 

While hanging low on a Sunday I decided to head out and capture some images of Manteca. I don't think I have any of our little nook we call home. It's very much a farm town. Something I am quite used to. Instead of corn and beans though, we have orchards and orchards of nuts, cherries, grapes, and all sorts of yummy things. 


First stop, the water tower and train tracks. 

Growing up, we lived right by the tracks. The trains would buzz by every 20 minutes or so. I think I have lived close to tracks ever since. It's very nostalgic. I love hearing the sound of trains go by. Feels like home. 


A view not too far from our house. I love our mountains! We also get this sweet green all around us in the Spring but it doesn't last too long before everything goes to a golden. 


Like I said, farm town, haha. We have a few dairy farms around. I took a quick stop to say hello to these beauties ;) 


Almond orchards

We live in the almond capital of the world! True story. We live about 20 minutes from the Blue Diamond factory. We take little trips to the store to grab some delicious almonds coated in chocolate and mint. They are SO good! I get my olive oil from there too ;) 


The trees will begin to blossom sometime next month. I will have to grab some pics when they are in full bloom. These orchards are gorgeous when they have all of the white flowers surrounding these branches. 

Preston and I have now lived in California for two years. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by. We have been privileged to travel and see so much of California and have enjoyed every single minute of it. We look forward to our next trip to Los Angeles next month. 




No comments:

Post a Comment