November 14, 2023

An Educational August

Once we were back from all of our July fun we were in school mode. School for us started on August 3rd. A real quick turn around from summer fun into schedules, routines, and classrooms. The kids were so excited to start their new school year. On Aug 2nd we headed to Walter Woodward Elementary for an orientation day. The kids saw their new desks (the entire school was quipped with new chairs, desks, tables, etc), met their teachers, and visited their new class room for the year. 

      

Ready or not, here we go!


Quinn was thrilled to take a pic, haha. She wanted to go back and talk to friends and this ask got in the way of her social schedule, haha.
                        
                     

First day back to school!

I cannot believe that Pres and I have a 4th, 3rd, and 2nd grader. Heaven help us y'all! These three were thrilled to head back and get started on the new year. Jackson and Beckham were given brand new teachers for the year. Ms. Green (Jack's teacher) transferred over from another school in the area, and Mrs. Day (Beckham's teacher) was welcomed back into the schooling system after a five year break to raise her son. Quinn got Mrs. Inderbitzen which was Beckham's teacher last year. We love her and were so grateful and happy when we found out Quinn was on her list this year. 

The first day was a huge success. Meeting some old friends from last year and making new friends for this year. Everyone enjoys their teachers and are enjoying this new beginning. 


We did some minute to win it to games with my young women one night. Jack decided a tower was in order before putting up the cups, haha. Well done brother, well done. 


Beckham on kick off! He's second one in from the right.


Good tackle Beckham!

Football has pretty much taken over our life, haha. I had no idea being in sports would be SO crazy! Beckham went from five practices a week in July to three once August hit. He has a football game every Saturday until November. That is, if we make the playoffs and go to the Superbowl. It has been a huge shift on our family dynamic. I'm not sure how parents do multiple sports each year. It's constant driving  and adjusting schedules. With that being said we are excited for him to have this experience and be a part of a team. He LOVES football and we are happy that he could try it out this year. He tells us that next year he would rather do flag football and leave the pads and helmets at home :) 

August was a big school month. The kids went back to school and once they were in I started mine. I took a four week course on all things photography. I wanted to up my game and figure out where I needed growth. Quite a bit has changed in these past few years. I learned a TON from my course and teacher. Pres and I also decided to invest in me and my business adventure. I bought myself a new camera! I had my previous camera for about 12 years. It was time for a shift and more up to date body and lens to work with. My new mirrorless camera is incredible and I am so pleased with what I am able to get from it. I can't wait to use it LOTS. Taking my new course was humbling to see how vulnerable you have to be to start a business. You are putting yourself and your work out there hoping others like it to. It's especially hard when it's something you feel passionate about and love. The classes were so beneficial! I will never regret signing up and soaking in all of the information shared. That's one thing I learned. Life is about continuing to educate ourselves in the things we love and the things we don't quite understand. I spent hours researching ideas, listening to videos, and snapping away with my camera to learn my editing style.  I also was privileged to talk with several successful photographers, from wedding photography to fashion photography. I quickly realized that the world is my oyster when it comes to photography. I can do as much or as little as I want as well as explore the different types. Right now I am really enjoying family photography, but I am not limiting myself to just that. I will keep my options open and continue to grow in this field as much as I can. I think we are all grateful for a very educational August. We all learned a lot as we began to grow our minds, get back into a routine, and spend some time together. 

Looking forward to September and what it has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment