May 04, 2014

A Family Outing to Fredericksburg, Enchanted Rock and Austin

We recently had a 3 day weekend and decided to embark on an adventure as a family.  Living in Texas there are a lot of really cool areas all around us, but we had yet to explore many of them.  We mapped out our trip starting with Fredericksburg and ending up at a hotel in Austin.  It was such a fun trip and I know Preston and I both needed a little break from life in San Antonio and just enjoy some time together. 


Me and my man :)


Jackson did a great job hanging out in the back. 



The trip to Fredericksburg was so beautiful.  I was amazed at how green and hilly the drive was.  I guess that's why in Texas they call it the "Hill Country".  It's beautiful and truly a sight to see.  We arrived to Fredericksburg around 11:30am and decided to have lunch at a little German restaurant which ended up having great food.  This German-themed town of 10,000 was so cute and quaint.  They have little shops, boutiques and restaurants lined up and down the streets and it's so fun to go in and see all the fun knick knacks each of them have.


That piece of cornbread was crazy huge.  I had to get a picture.


Love that little boy.


Family photo op.


We got fudge from this place and it was delicious.


Walking through the streets.  It was so fun going in and out of these cute shops.


Jack didn't quite make it.  He fell asleep from all the walking.    



 


We came upon this park and thought it was beautiful so we walked through.  We couldn't believe how similar it was to Nauvoo and then we saw the plaque haha.  It was a great find!



After Fredericksburg, we headed up north 20 minutes to Enchanted Rock.  This is a really popular hike in Texas and it did not disappoint.  We hiked straight up this bad boy and I was amazed I made it.  Luckily Preston carried Jackson or else I would definitely not have made it. Let's just say it would have been easier if they would have just put stairs on the rock haha. However, the weather was perfect and the view from the top was so incredible.  I feel like pictures cannot justify the beauty that surrounded us. 




Getting ready to head up the rock.


Spotted this guy.  I won't lie, I jumped 20 feet in the air when I saw him.  I wasn't expecting it.



We made it!!


My boys! Love them so much.




Pres posing by the massive rock.  Haha, love him!


Soooo big.




Off to Austin we went after a great time in Fredericksburg and at Enchanted Rock.  We drove through some gorgeous areas; one of my favorites being Bee Cave.  This is a suburban area west of Austin that sits just below Lake Travis.  It was breath taking.  We arrived at the Westin in Austin around 6pm sweaty and in our hiking gear.  I surprised Preston with a nice hotel for the night so when I went to check in I didn't even think about how I looked haha.  Everyone in the lobby was wearing skirts and looking all nice and I was in sweatpants and a t-shirt haha.  My bad.  Once we were checked in we ran up to our room and freshened up for dinner.  I think people were surprised at our transformation :) Austin is filled with food trucks with all different cuisines and we enjoyed dinner at "The Feed Store".






Livin large


Our happy happy boy.


Out to dinner.  We found a food truck close to the hotel.

The following day we did a little shopping and of course stopped at more food trucks for a famous Monte Cristo and some tacos just before heading home for the night!


I think we found the food trucks.


The best Monte Cristo comes from this one.


I absolutely adore this picture.  Can you get any cuter than this?! 


Big smiles.


So delicious!!


Had to make one last stop at Buc-ee's. 

This was such a fun trip!  We had such a great time and we look forward to our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment